Presented by JOY Center of Learning
Math to fit your personal style
and unique students.
Professor B Power Algebra
Professor B Power Algebra Book 1
Professor B methodology carefully nurtures children's perception of connection and flow in arithmetic so they experience enjoyment and mastery of math content. To nurture learners' perception of connection and flow, Professor B Algebra integrates Pre-algebra, Algebra I and Algebra II into a single, ungraded curriculum. Each concept is covered thoroughly, with clarity.
The objective of the three Professor B Algebra books is to make it possible for the vast majority of teachers and parents to competently (and rather comfortably) insure their learners' total mastery of elementary and intermediate algebra. You mothers and fathers who never dared to consider it possible to comfortably teach your children algebra, will now be most pleasantly surprised with your ability to mathematically empower them! These textbooks have been carefully written so that the vast majority of adults, regardless of their math backgrounds, can read them and derive all the algebraic meanings we intend. We make the connections crystal clear. Each textbook contains the answers.
Three books cover high school algebra and can usually be completed in 2 - 3 years, even by children as young as 9 who have completed Prof. B Level 3.
The textbooks can be used as a textbook and student writes answers in a notebook, or can be used as a consumable workbook. (Paperback, 400+ pages each)
Table of Contents - Power Algebra Book I
- Introducing Integers, Adding Integers and Three Methods for Subtracting Integers
Simplifying Expressions Involving Sums and Differences of Integers and Combining Like Terms
- Multiplying and Dividing with Integers
- Multiplying and Dividing with Powers
- The Positive, Negative and Zero Exponents
- Multiplication/Division with Monomials and Expressions Involving Negative and Zero Exponents
- Evaluation of Algebraic Expressions and Order of Operations
- Adding and Subtracting with Polynomials
- Multiplying with Polynomials and Factoring by Removing the Highest Common Factor
- Multiplying with Polynomials and Factoring Trinomials of the Form ax² + bx + c and ax² + bxy + cy²
- Multiplying with Polynomials and Factoring the Difference of Two Squares
- Multiplying with Polynomials and Factoring the Sum and Difference of Two Cubes
- Multiplying with Polynomials and Factoring by Grouping
- Multiplying with Polynomials and More Advanced Factoring
- Multiplying with Polynomials and Factoring Completely
- Dividing with Polynomials and Synthetic Division
- Binomial Expansion
- Distinguishing Between Sums and Products – The Real Numbers – Reducing Rational Expressions to Lowest Terms
- Multiplying and Dividing with Rational Expressions